Thursday, December 16, 2010

Vivan los cubanos

For those that don't know I am half African-American from my mothers side and I'm half Cuban from my father. Thus Vicente Hernandez! I'm really feeling my Cuban side tonight, so I had to write about it. Cuban's get looked down upon for a lot, yet everyone is trying to get to Cuba. That's kind of an oxymoron to me. Nonetheless Cuba is beautiful, I went once when I was 4 or 5 when I could get in "legally" with my father and a friend of the family. It was the most beautiful place I have ever seen; even though I was young I still could recognize beauty. It had that old stuck in the 70's look with a touch of paradise sprinkled along the island. It's history was preserved in every building on the block and every person walking down the street. It was so different than what I recognized by in the states. There was real love for each person in Cuba; I was treated like family with people I didn't know. I can't explain all the blessings I endured in my travels to Cuba, but every moment there was perfect. I truly can't wait to go back!


I know you didn't think just because I was having my moment about Cuba. That I wasn't going to talk about fashion, sadly mistaken! Cuba is known for some of it's fashion on the low. Cuban culture and style is influenced by the European's, Spanish, African's, and American's. So you know we full of flavor!

No comments:

Post a Comment