I missed the memo when we agreed to take Christ out of Christmas
When we changed it to the holiday of pride and greed
I missed the message that read of how Santa became the new hero
And that he should get more praise than Jesus
Don’t look at me like I’m a Scrooge
Or like I’m trying to start a problem or something
I’m just saying why there are so many shows about Santa
But none about the birth or life of Jesus
Children all over staying up to the wee-hours of the night
Awaiting the Big Man baring gifts
Instead of praying or hearing stories about Jesus
And learning all his tales
I understand children need stuff to believe in
But who better to put their trust and faith in?
We make Santa this perfect idle
And made Christ’s birthday about us getting presents
When has it ever been cool to go to your friend’s birthday party
And steal their lime light and gifts
Make the entire event about them
Hey, I get it we all like receiving stuff
I like gifts just like the next guy
But let’s not obsess over it and make everything about us
Let us celebrate the gift of life, and
Celebrate our families and the time that you have with one another
Let us not forget who brought us together, and
Remember whose day it really is!
It not about us, don’t X-out Christ
No comments:
Post a Comment