Most countries off the Atlantic Ocean and Americanized countries see the tie as a symbol of professionalism. Putting on a tie is an act to show you took the time to prepare yourself. You care about how people perceive you. A professor of mine brought up the thought of how the tie came into existence. How did we all come in consensus on the tie being so powerful? I'm starting to question the origin and why we wear it yet, I can't stop putting it on. Zora Neale Hurston once said We are a people that decorate the decorations and I'm urged to agree. The tie has moved on from the formal perception, but is now an attribute to someones persona. It's a form of modern day art in some cases. Where you can present your sense of humour, style, authority, and so much more. It's a right of passage in our society, one of the first few tricks your dad, or mom, teaches you to advance in life. The practice of tying a tie teaches you patience and diligence since it never turns out right the first time. It teaches you the art of working with your hands. Certainly not last, but the last on my list, time management. You can't just throw on a tie and a few minutes before you walk out the house, you need time to prepare your self. Personally I feel the tie is a needed source of enlightenment that doesn't hurt to add to your style.
No comments:
Post a Comment