Wednesday, November 2, 2011

How much do you love Him?

John 14:15 "If you love Me, you will keep My commandments."

It's amazing the lengths people would go to please one another or a loved one. Yet, when God comes into play we run and question what He has to say. Or we even choose what and what not to believe in that He say. Like He said if we truly love him it should be like second nature to do His requests. A discussion with my fraternity brothers this morning brought me to the idea; that we are still like babies when dealing with God. We have to do certain things at first like a job because it's new to us. We have to mature for it to become a habit or a desirable task.

This then made me think about the statement at hand. If you love me you will obey my commandments. It's all centered around LOVE. You have to really love God or anyone to do something you aren't comfortable with at first. To push through your discomfort and continue to do what your asked or what you think is right, takes a lot out of you. Now the question arises, how much do you love God and what would you do for him?

I can't answer that question with out thinking about all the things God has done for me. I know that God expects so much from me and I love him enough to do all I need to to make Him happy. Cause He loved me enough to save my life and continue to be with me no matter how much I hurt him.

No comments:

Post a Comment